An Experienced, Effective and Respected Arbitrator
Frank is an experienced, effective and respected Atlanta arbitrator who combines the abilities of a Georgia Super Lawyer® with the experience of a veteran and widely respected arbitrator. He is certified by and registered with the Georgia Office of Dispute Resolution as a neutral in the areas of arbitration, general mediation and early neutral evaluation.
Frank has served as an arbitrator for over twenty-five years for parties who have privately retained him and as a member of various arbitration neutral panels. These arbitrations have included single neutral arbitrations, single neutral arbitrations decided on the basis of written submissions only, 3-neutral panels and 5-neutral panels. On all but a few of these, he has served as chairperson. As the chairperson, he has conducted and participated in pre-hearing conferences, issued discovery, non-dispositive and dispositive rulings, and held arbitration hearings that have resulted in final awards being issued. The longest of these arbitration hearings lasted over twenty sessions spread over several weeks.
Frank is a member of many Georgia state judicial panels and has been accepted into a number of recognized national and international arbitration groups such as:
- The International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution (CPR)
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA)
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb)
- The London Court of International Arbitration
- The International Chamber of Commerce through its United States affiliate, the United States Council for International Business
- The American Health Lawyers Association
- The National Futures Association
- The National Academy of Distinguished Neutrals
- The Georgia Academy of Mediators & Arbitrators
- The Atlanta International Arbitration Society
Frank’s complete resume can be viewed by clicking on the button at the top right of this page. To reserve his services as an arbitrator and view his calendar and availability, go to www.georgiamediators.org, click on the blue box entitled “Advanced ADR Search,” then enter the last name “Lightmas” and click on the calendar icon at the right under “View Calendar”. Interested counsel or parties are always welcome to call Frank at his office (404) 876-3335 or cell (404) 274-1080 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org.